Sunday, May 25, 2014

Summer jams 2014

So I am on my way back from the Bahamas and I have been catching up on music and Instagram and Pinterest trends. Thank god for LTE right? 

That's me chilling on the beach in the Bahamas holding my friend's coconut drink. It was amazing. I definitely went big. 

However summer is kicking off and it is almost time for music to get partier than usual. So I always enjoy having an actual summer jam declared to help remind me of certain summers. Last year was undoubtedly Miley Cyrus "We Can't Stop". 
2012 - Icona Pop "I Love It" 
2011 - LMFAO "Party Rock Anthem" 
2010 - Wiz Kalifa "Roll Up" 
Just to name a few. 

So here are this years possible song choices. Starting off we have the very lovely Lilly Allen song "Air Balloon" 


It just makes me want to lay in that beach chair all day and never get a job. 

The second song I am feeling for a summer jam is Tiesto "Let's Go" it features Icona Pop and it has a great empowering feel like most Icona Pop songs do.


I am sorry for the quality of this one. All I could find was the live version but it is on Spotify if you would like to listen there as well. 

The final song I am considering for my 2014 summer jam is by Charli XCX. It's called "Boom Clap" and I am really digging it right now. 


Right now this is a clear front runner but June is usually the time to choose so we will have to wait and see what comes up. 
I apologize for the YouTube links. I am literally in a car driving across country so I was unable to just put the video. I will update it when I get back home. 

Summer jams are for you and maybe someone to share it with. It is that song that no matter what makes you fall in love with that moment. The song that will quickly kill any Summertime Sadness.  (See what I did there?) 
Summer is about having fun and feeling free so find your summer jam and memorize the lyrics and then song it at the top of your lungs whenever you can. 

Just keep swimming, 

- Emy

No comments:

Post a Comment