Monday, June 23, 2014

Starting all over again.

I had plans for this summer. I was going to cook more, exercise more, and just overall be a more healthy individual. Well I remembered something very important. I hate cooking. It is the worst. All it does is make a mess. Plus, I am no good at it so everything just tastes either mediocre or bad. So that is not going to happen.

Nothing is going according to my plan this summer. I have exercised some but not a lot. Nothing has been cleaned out of the house yet and my sleep schedule is terrible right now. Oh and I am not reading as much as I would like. Even though none of what I wanted to accomplish is getting done I am still feeling pretty good. I have had a lot of fun this summer. I have been to concerts, a TV festival, and the Bahamas. June isn't even over yet and I feel like I have been everywhere.


Yes that's right I got to meet Avril Lavigne. I got to see her open for the Backstreet Boys. It was great.

But now it is time to get back to what I wanted to do. So I am beginning again. Cooking is out though, that is a terrible hobby. I busted out my knee braces and I am going to go running again. Also, I am going to start cleaning out the house. Tomorrow I will tackle my closet. I have been wanting to reorganize it since September. I finally have the opportunity. Eating healthier is a big part of it as well. I have been eating at least one salad a day and I am hopefully going to fit in two soon. I just feel better when I eat more salads.

Although I haven't been achieving my goals, I have kept my spirits high. How? Well there is an app called Happier and it is a place where people share the happy moments of their day. You can get on there and read what is making other people happy and it always brings a smile to my face. I share my feelings and others find joy in that as well. It is very contagious. I love it. I have been using it for about a week now and I couldn't be happier with it. HA!

Here is a link to the app where you can get more information. They also have a website.

One Note I have is that I do not take their courses. I have thought about it, but I have not yet taken one. If you decide to take one please let me know how it was and I might try it as well. They seem to be for mindfulness and general wellbeing.

I would love to know if you have any summer goals and how they are going. Tips and tricks are always welcome.

Stay Strong,

- Emy

No comments:

Post a Comment